Savory sausages, smoked with hardwood and enriched with natural spices, similar to those you once ate at your grandparents? You can find them in Vascar’s portfolio. But if you want to test your cooking talents, you can find some inspiration in chef Horia Vârlan’s recipe.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 500 g boneless chicken thighs, cut into large cubes
- 500 g of countryside sausages with basil from Moldavia in Bucate, cut into thick slices
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion cut julienne
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and cut into large cubes
- 2 fresh thyme twigs or ½ teaspoon of dry thyme
- 1 cup of chicken stock or hot water
- ½ cup of fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons of green parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried curd, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Method of preparation:
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and then brown the chicken thighs.
- Remove them on a warm plate. In the saucepan, add the sausage slices, cook them lightly, then put them on the chicken plate. Sauté the onions and carrots with a pinch of salt. After 5-6 minutes, add the tomatoes, garlic and thyme. After another 4-5 minutes, add the chicken stock, chicken pieces, sausage slices and a little bit of ground pepper. Boil the sauce for 20-30 minutes, until it reduces itself.
- While the sauce is boiling, mix the breadcrumbs with chopped parsley and crushed curd. Sprinkle the mixture over the chicken and sausage sauté. Heat the oven at 210 ° C and place the saucepan in the oven. Bake it for 5-6 minutes.
- Serve the casserole with lettuce or tomato salad with basil.